Our apprenticeship is a well-rounded five year program that gives new members the tools they need to succeed and excel in the field of fire suppression. Application eligibility, requirements and other program information can be found below. For other concerns, please contact the JAC directly at (562) 907-7622.
Excellent pay, benefits and job security.
Our program can be used toward college credit.
Our journeypersons travel from site to site across the Los Angeles area for a non-traditional schedule and change of scenery that'll keep you going for years to come.
- We're more than a union. Our organization is there to support and protect the careers and interests of our members, whether you're an apprentice or a retiree!
How to apply
Applications for the Apprenticeship Training Program are accepted annually. The next open period is June 18, 2018 - June 22, 2018. Applications must be filled out in-person at the Sprinkler Fitters U.A. Local 709 Training Center at 12140 Rivera Road Suite B Whittier, CA 90606. See below "application information" form for the full flyer.
Who can apply?
You MUST meet the following requirements before applying for the apprenticeship program. Please don't forget to bring your official documents with you!
1) Have proof of legal residency (birth certificate, current alien ID or U.S. passport).
2) Be at least 18 years old at time of application.
3) Have a valid driver's license.
4) Be a high school graduate or equivalent. Please bring high school diploma, high school proficiency test or G.E.D. report (grade average must be 45 or better over five subjects and have NO subjects with 40 or less).