Joint Apprenticeship Committee
The JAC is a joint training venture by U.A. Sprinkler Fitters Local 709 and the National Fire Sprinkler Association.
For over a century, the U.A. has been training the most qualified workers in the United States and Canada. The U.A. spends over $100 million a year on training programs at over 400 local training centers. We are proud to say we host one of these state-of-the-art training facilities adjacent to the main union office.
Contact the JAC
The Joint Apprenticeship Training Center and continued education classes are handled by the JAC. All training questions, applications and other program-related concerns should be addressed to John Holmes, Shawn Arballo, or Anthony Karanja by phone or mail.
John Holmes - Director of Training
Ph: (562) 907-7622 Email: email@example.com Cell: (909) 418-7806
Shawn Arballo - JAC Coordinator
Ph: (562) 907-7622 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: (562) 329-1599
Anthony Karanja - Office Manager
Ph: (562) 907-7622 Email: email@example.com
Office Fax: (562) 907-7625
Sprinkler Fitters U.A. Local 709 Joint Apprenticeship Training Center
12140 Rivera Road, Suite B
Whittier, CA 90606
Have a question?
If you have questions or concerns related to any of the following topics, please contact the JAC at the contact info above.
- Hours in from your company/contractor
- Raises/advancements (when effective)
- School absences
- Disability release form submittal (1 copy submitted to JAC, 1 copy to Local 709)
- Evaluations from foreman
- Apprentice rotations
- Teacher/Classroom Information
- Code books
- Hand tools
- School start dates/schedule
- JAC meeting dates (Every 2nd working Monday of the month. Must sign in before 5 pm.)
- CPR or First Aid classes
- New training classes
- Turnout/graduation date
- Messages for teachers
- To give notice that you're going to be late or absent
- All-things apprentice applications, including: applying, test scores, oral interviews and orientation